- The Club shall be known "Fit2Go Club" (hereinafter referred to as "the Club").
- The Club shall be operated as a fitness club owned by Dublin Institute of Technology -DIT- (hereinafter referred to as "the Owner") and located at Kevin Street College, Dublin 8, Bolton Street College, Dublin 1 and Grangegorman Campus, Dublin 7. The extent of the facilities of the Club and any additions, deletions or replacements thereof shall be at the Owner's sole discretion.
- The Club” will be managed by the DIT Sport and Recreation Service (hereinafter referred to as “the Service”) on behalf of “the Owner”. “The Club” will be administered by its Manager and/or such persons as “the Service” will decide.
- The Manager has sole responsibility for the management and operation of “the Club”.
- ‘Staff’ includes any employee of “the Club”.
- User(s)’ mean(s) any person using any of the facilities of “the Club” whether as a participant or spectator and whether or not a charge has been paid for entry to the “the Club” or the use of the facilities.
- ‘The Hirer’ means the persons or organisation hiring any part of “the Club” or the use of the facilities.
- ‘Booked Period’ means the period(s) of any day or part there of reserved for the use of the Hirer and agreed by the Sport and Recreation Service.
- ‘Sports Club’ includes any group or organisation approved by “the Service” for booking of facilities of the “the Club”.
- Comply with all the reasonable instructions and requests of the Manager or “Staff”. Refrain from any conduct which is unseemly or unsporting or which might cause annoyance or danger to other users of “the Club”.
- out and observe all instructions relating to the use of “the Club” and conduct therein which may from time to time be published by notice on the premises or otherwise.
- Ensure that the part of “the Club” used is left in a tidy and orderly condition by the end of the period of use.
User(s) shall not: (unless expressly authorised by the Manager or “Staff”)
- Bring or permit to remain in or on “the Club” any dogs or other animals, unless for accessibility.
- Sell or attempt to sell in “the Club” to other user(s) any goods, articles, or equipment.
- Provide consistent, personalized exercise instruction within “the Club”.
- Take photographs at “the Club”, or arrange for any filming, or televising of any activity therein.
- Alter, interfere or misuse any equipment or the fittings of “the Club” or the structure thereof.
- Smoke in “the Club”.
- Bring in cycles of any description except when authorised for the specific purpose of research, specialist training, etc.
- The Manager or “Staff” reserves the right to refuse admission to “the Club” to any user(s) whether or not a fee has previously been paid in respect of entry and/or the use of the facilities of “the Club”. The Manager or “Staff” reserves the right to require any user(s) to leave “the Club” at any time without refunding any fee paid for entry of for the use of any facilities.
- “The Manager” through “the Service” reserves the right: To vary all charges. To vary or discontinue the availability of any or all of the facilities of “”the Club”. To cancel bookings of any or all of the facilities of “the Club” at any time
- “The Owner” shall not be liable for any personal injury and/or consequential loss, including fatal injury sustained by any user(s) of “the Club”, except where such injury or loss is directly caused by the negligence of “the Owner” or its staff.
- Lack or inadequacy of supervision of the use of any equipment, amenity or facility of “the Club” shall be deemed not to be negligence on the part of “the Owner” or its employees unless such supervision has previously been expressly arranged with the Manager.
- User(s) engaged in the activities of “the Club” and making use of its facilities are responsible for insuring that he/she is properly equipped and that his/her state of health and physical condition are such as not to involve any risk to himself/herself, nor to any other person making use of “the Club”.
- “The Owner” does not accept responsibility or liability for any damage to or loss of any property or articles or things whatsoever placed or left in or on “the Club” premises or in “the Owner” parking areas.
- Lockers are provided in “the Club” for daily use by User(s). Personal belongings may not be left overnight in lockers. A charge will be applicable if items are to be retrieved on this basis. Items of value, such as electronic devices, wallets, keys, jewellery, etc., are secured at the reception desk(s) in “the Club”. Items such as bags, clothing, footwear, sports gear, water bottles, etc., are secured. These unclaimed items are kept on “the Club” premises for a minimum of two weeks, and then donated to local charities.
Breach of Condition
- In the event of any breach of these conditions the user(s) may be required by the Manager or “Staff” to leave “the Club” and will forfeit the charge paid by such user(s) for entry to or use of “the Club”. Such action shall be without prejudice to any rights which “the Owner” may have against such user(s) by virtue of these.
- The Owner” may withdraw use of all or part of the facilities of “the Club” for the purpose of undertaking maintenance work or any other work considered necessary. Compensation will not be given for any such closures however extensions to memberships may be offered.
Alterations of Conditions
- The Manager reserves the right to amend and add to these Terms and Conditions as it sees fit and User(s) should observe any amended or additional conditions or rules, so made.
LOCAL RULES OF USE
Membership of “the Club
- ”The use of “the Club” is strictly reserved for the named applicant. Membership cards can only be used by the person described on the card, fraudulent use of a card is a disciplinary offence.
- Persons wishing to become members of “the Club” shall complete an official membership application form and submit it to “Staff”.
- It is a condition of “the Club” that members must pay the appropriate membership fee in accordance with their membership category.
- The Manager shall have absolute discretion to reject any application for membership or renewal of membership; or cancel any membership at any time, without giving any reason for doing so. In any such case, any appropriate refund of all or part of any fees will be made.
- The Manager or “Staff” of the Club reserves the right to require any member to leave “the Club” premises at any time.
- Membership not renewed within 30 days of its expiry is deemed to have expired.
- Membership may be renewed on payment of the prevailing fee and in accordance with the terms and conditions then in force.
- Membership is not transferable from person to person. Members should note that this provision includes the non-transfer of membership from one person to another within the same family.
- Applicants are advised to undergo a fitness assessment or general screening before participating in any sport or fitness activity. Applicants should consider a physician’s certificate of fitness before commencing any activity/programme at “the Club”. Member’s co-operation and participation is assumed in this regard.
- A Health Screening Form must be completed and signed by all members in advance of using any of “the Club” facilities. And an induction programme must be undertaken by all members that explains how to operate the gym fitness equipment and the correct techniques so as to reduce any possible injury.
- By joining the Club, members automatically accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of “the Club”.
- On acceptance of an application form for membership, the applicant will be issued with a membership card.
- All members must produce their membership cards on each occasion they wish to gain entry to “the Club” facilities. This is mandatory on every occasion you visit “the Club”. It is essential for insurance, security and identification requirements.
- In the event of losing the membership card, a fee will be payable for a replacement. Prices for replacement membership cards may increase.
- If any member wishes to terminate his/her membership before it would normally expire, no refund or subscription will be made.
- The Manager or “Staff” reserves the right to restrict the numbers of persons using the Club at any one time.
- The Manager reserves the right to utilise “the Club” facilities for special events, classes or other activities it may deem desirable.
- Membership is restricted to persons aged 16 and over.
- Membership may be cancelled. Refunds may be made at “the Club” reception desk(s) and are reviewed by the Manager.
Pay as You Go User of “the Club”
- All ‘pay as you go’ users must complete a health screening form and a liability waiver to acknowledge the risks involved in his or her participation before using any of “the Club” facilities. A ‘pay as you go’ fee is applicable and can be paid at “the Club” reception.
- It is a condition of ‘The Club’ that ‘pay as you go’ user(s) must pay the appropriate fee in accordance with their user category.
- All ‘pay as you go’ users are bound by “the Club” terms and conditions.
- The Manager or “Staff” of the Club reserves the right to require any user(s) to leave the Club premises at any time.
- The Manager or “Staff” reserves the right to restrict the numbers of persons using the Club at any one time.
Private Groups using “the Club”
- Booking procedures must be strictly followed. All booking requests from private groups must be made on an official booking form. Bookings will not be accepted until all requirements are complied with. (see booking form). Payment is required in full in advance except where pay structures have been agreed. The person in charge of the group or who made the original booking is required to check in at the reception desk prior to the pre-booked activity taking place. Any bookings not taken up by 10 minutes past the allotted start time may be reallocated.
Safety and Hygiene
- The Manager oversees all matters relating to health and safety issues within “the Club” and reflects “the Owner” overall Health and Safety Police
- The pool has a maximum capacity of 25 and children under 12 years must be accompanied and supervised by an adult over 16 years. One adult may accompany and supervise two children under 8 years. Children under 12 years may not access the pool area after 6pm unless it is for scheduled training or programming.
- Gym usage is strictly for over 16 years only, 13 to 16 years can access the gym for scheduled training and programming i.e. teen gym sessions.
- The indoor cycling studio has a maximum capacity of 14 and no one under 16 years of age may enter the studio without supervision.
- For safety reasons use of “the Club” by children (12 years and under) must be accompanied/supervised by an adult user(s) at all times.
- User(s) shall not use the facilities of “the Club” while under the influence of alcohol, anti-coagulants, anti-histamines, vasa constrictors, narcotics or tranquillisers.
- User(s) with diabetes, heart problems, high/low blood pressure, on strong medical prescriptions, or who have any form of medical condition should consult their doctor before using any of “the Club” facilities in order for them to be satisfied beforehand that it is safe for them to do so.
- User(s) are particularly advised not to undertake strenuous physical activity for which they might be medically unfit and the Owner will not be in any way responsible for any harm which may come to a User(s) as a result of him or her, within “the Club” any activity which is beyond his or her physical capacity.
Code of Conduct
• All User(s) area expected to behave properly in the interest of the correct use and enjoyment of “the Club”.
• Any User(s) whose conduct is considered to be detrimental to the best interests of “the Club” or its reputation may have his/her membership suspended or terminated.
• User(s) are required to dress in a proper manner appropriate while participating in activities in “the Club”. Approved sports shoes with non marking soles – where appropriate.
- At DIT Kevin Street College opening hours are Monday-Friday 7:30am to 10pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm and Sunday and Bank Holidays closed.
- At DIT At DIT Bolton Street College opening hours are Monday-Thursday 12 to 8pm, Friday 11am to 4pm and closed Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
- Kevin Street College Opening Hours Monday-Friday 7.30am to 10.00pm, Saturday 9.00am to 14.00pm, Sunday and Bank Holidays closed.
- Bolton Street College Opening Hours Monday-Thursday 12 to 8pm, Friday 11am to 4pm, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays closed.
- The times at which the facilities shall be available to user(s) shall be at the discretion of “the Owner”.
- “The Owner” reserves the right to alter the opening times of the Club.
- User(s) must vacate “the Club” different activity areas 20 minutes before closing.
- Last admission to “the Club” activity areas is 45 minutes before the stated closing time.
Leisure goods for sale and hire
- Locks, swim caps, goggles and a range of merchandising are also available for sale at the club reception.
Complaints and Disputes
- Any complaints concerning “the Club” or dispute or difference about the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, shall be referred to the Manager of “the Club” whose decision shall be final and binding.
Food & Drink Policy
- User(s) are reminded that conditions of use do not allow food and drink to be brought into “the Club”. This regulation does not apply to any fluids that you may wish to use for fluid replacement during or after exercise. These are permitted into “the Club” in non-glass sealed containers.
- Forms are available on request at Reception and on our website www.fit2goclub.ie if you wish to make a complaint, raise a concern or pass on a compliment.
- “Staff” is first aid trained; all incidents or accidents must be reported to reception without undue delay.
- On hearing the fire alarm all user(s) must leave “the Club”. “Staff” will direct you to the nearest assembly point and only on their instruction can you return into “the Club”.
- Swimming Pool: In the interests of hygiene, users of the swimming pool are required to shower before swimming. Swim hats and appropriate swim wear must be worn in the pool at all times. Diving, jumping, running or any misconduct which interferes with the proper use and enjoyment of the pool is strictly forbidden. The use of outdoor shoes is prohibited on the pool deck at all times and spectators must wear the designated footwear at poolside. Flip-flops must be worn to and from the pool area. All children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim nappy in the pool and child non-swimmers must wear buoyancy aids. Adult non swimmers are advised to wear armbands if entering deep water.
- Gym and Weights Area: For safety reasons this area must be kept dry. User(s) of these facilities are therefore forbidden from entering the gymnasium while wearing wet clothing. Personal training is only allowed to be carried out by ”Staff”. Sports shoes and correct attire are required when using these areas. User(s) must bring a towel with them on each visit and in ‘peak’ times limit their time to 20 minutes on any one piece of gym fitness equipment. Allow others to “work-in”. All weight training should be performed in a controlled and safe manner. Slamming, dropping or bouncing weights is prohibited. A spotter is recommended for all heavy lifts –“Staff” do not spot. Use clips/collars on Olympic bars. Remove and re-rack any free weights, discs, dumbbells or barbells after use and lower weight stacks gently under control. Use the paper towels and cleaning fluid provided to clean all pieces of gym fitness equipment after use. Any personal belongings are strictly prohibited in these areas. User(s) should report any damaged equipment immediately to “Staff” on duty.
- Studios: All class participants must sign in at “the Club” reception desk(s) before entering the studio(s). User(s) not participating in the group exercise classes can only access the studio(s) if prior permission has been obtained from “Staff”. Private groups or Sports Clubs who have booked the studio(s) must sign in at reception prior to commencing activity. Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times, black sole footwear is not permitted. The storage area(s) must be left in the same condition that user(s) find it and equipment must be properly stored away at all times. Individuals or groups must vacate the hall 5 minutes prior to the commencement of the next scheduled booking to allow for the set-up of equipment. IPOD/MP3 docs are provided in studio(s) for use when the studio is not scheduled. Please contact “Staff” on duty to obtain permission. Any personal belongings are strictly prohibited in these areas.
- Spin Studio: All class participants must sign in at “the Club” reception desk(s) before entering the studio(s). User(s) not participating in the group exercise classes can only access the studio(s) if prior permission has been obtained from “Staff”. The lead cycle is for use by “Staff” Instructors only. Class size is limited by available equipment at 14 participants. The spin brake should be off when dismounting from the bike. Do not interfere with the spin bike i.e. gears, pedal straps, fans, audio wires. Use paper towels and cleaning fluid to clean the bikes down after use. IPOD/MP3 docs are provided in studio(s) for use when the studio is not scheduled. Please contact “Staff” on duty to obtain permission. Any personal belongings are strictly prohibited in these areas
All of the Terms and Conditions contained herein apply equally to members, temporary members, pay as you go users and public and private groups alike.